Community Memorial Hospital
Patient Financial Services
Durable Medical Equipment
Spink County Ambulance Service
operated by Community Memorial Hospital
left to right: Sheri Zens, Simon Appel, Nova Collins, Terry Kissner, Ron Isaacson,
Jolyn Hofer, Cindy Sanger, Mike Sange (Ambulance Director), Karen Stephenson
Not Pictured: Dawn Oakley, Steve Hanson
THE SPINK COUNTY AMBULANCE SERVICE
- Operates with 3 ambulances and answers approximately 500 calls per year
- Is the sole provider for Redfield and the surrounding areas
- Has the 911 coverage area of approximately 1800 square miles including Spink County and portions of Faulk and Hand counties. They also answer calls into Beadle County.
- Winner of the 2002 South Dakota EMS Service of the Year Award
2003 and 2004 People Saving People Award
Outstanding EMS Service
Promoting Injury Prevention Award
- Winner of the Emergency Medical Services for Children Contest 2002
- National recognition by the American college of Emergency Physicians in a planning guide for EMS week using Spink County Ambulance as an example to follow.
- Community activities include:
Free Blood Pressure checks
Free Blood Glucose checks
First Aid classes and demonstrations
- Provides standby coverage for community events such as football (Redfield, Doland, Northwestern, Hitchcock Tulare), parades, mud races and bull riding.
- Sponsors a mock accident drill for the high school coordinating with law enforcement, fire department, clergy, school administration, hospital staff and rescue helicopter staff.