Community Memorial Hospital
Patient Financial Services
Durable Medical Equipment
Community Memorial Hospital Auxiliary
The CMH/Clinic Foundation recently recognized the Hospital Auxiliary for National Volunteer Week with gifts of appreciation for their fundraising efforts throughout the year.
The Hospital Auxiliary holds a Craft Fair in the fall and a Soup/Sandwich in January with all the profits of these events going to the Foundation. The Foundation aides the Community Memorial Hospital and Redfield Clinic in purchasing equipment that are needed for the facilities.
The Community Memorial Hospital Auxiliary has donated more than $5,000 to the Hospital Foundation from money that they raised during various fundraisers throughout the year. Anyone can be a member who is interested in helping patients and the people who serve them.
To assist in the comfort and well being of all persons who are hospitalized in the Community Memorial Hospital.
Hospital Auxiliary Prayer
Loving God, bless us, we pray in our various endeavors in Hospitals and Nursing Homes in which we strive to bring comfort and hope to all who are in distress of mind, body and spirit.
Guide us so that we may use the privilege given to use to help the aged, the ill, and the very young with generosity, with discretion and with gentleness.
Grant us both wisdom and humility in directing our united efforts as we care for others. AMEN
Contact Judy Carroll at Community Memorial Hospital: 472-1110
for information to become
an Auxiliary Member.
New Members are always welcome!
Current Meeting Times:
Meetings are held in the Community Memorial Hospitalís Conference Room
on the fourth Wednesday of each month, September thru May.
The Auxiliary sponsors at least one major Fund Raiser a year to help support the hospital and clinic. In recent years the Auxiliary has held a Fall Craft/Vendor Fair in October and a Soup/Sandwich Luncheon in January with the proceeds going to the Community Memorial Hospital and Clinic Foundation.
History of the Auxiliary:
The first meeting of the Community Memorial Hospital Ladies Auxiliary was held on February 13, 1951 at the Hospital. The organization began with the enrollment of 45 women. Those present opened each meeting giving the pledge of allegiance to the flag of our country followed by reading in unison of "The Auxiliary Prayer".
The first thought of the Auxiliary members as they looked at the task before them in 1951, was that they needed more members to accomplish all the tasks that loomed before them and so several membership drives were conducted in the first several years until September 1956. At that time the Auxiliary showed a membership of 432 members. With so many members, the Auxiliary was divided into Committees and each had a Chairman and a task to do. A Fund Raising Committee, with the support of the members, did many things to raise money during those early years.
A Sewing Committee was formed with the members doing regular mending at the hospital, plus making terry cloth slippers and robes for children, adult robes, slippers, pajamas and patient bibs.
There was a group led by Mrs. Clinton (Darlene) Dykstra, the Redfield School Nurse, that sponsored the Future Nurses Club in the early years. Some of the Auxiliary members served as "pink lady" volunteers, having also sewed their smocks.
These first years were busy, productive years at the Hospital and the Auxiliary kept up with the needs.
The Auxiliary met for their regular meetings in various place over the years.
Membership in the Community Memorial Hospital Auxiliary has always fluctuated - from the high in the three hundreds, to 120 in the 1980's and 1990's - now it is at about sixty with an attendance at meetings of between twelve and fifteen.
Contact Judy Carroll at Community Memorial Hospital: 472-1110 for information to become an Auxiliary Member. New Members are always welcome!